I thought for a while how to start this tips and tricks column, then the light just lite in my mind’s eye, hey! Why not start with a few tips every fashion freak should know. Style Caster wrote something I liked recently, so I picked a few. So here we are with a list of ten. Who knows we could just build up the list as we go. Enjoy…
- Use white wine to remove red wine stains.
- Wash new jeans twice before taking them to the tailor. Why? That’s because jeans will always shrink in length when washed.
- If you get an oil stain on your favorite handbag, coat the mark with baby powder and let it stand overnight. By morning, the stain should be gone. If a bit still remains, repeat the process until the stain is completely gone.
- The best at-home method to keep diamonds sparkling: liquid dishwasher detergent and an old toothbrush.
- Always organize your clothes going light to dark from left to right in your closet. Your eye will follow the color and thus help you stay organized.” – Melanie Charlton Fascitelli, Founder, Clos-ette and Clos-ette too.
- If you don’t have time to try on jeans in the store, try the Neck Method: You can determine your size by placing the waistline of the jeans around the diameter of your neck. If the waistline of the pant comfortably meets at back of your neck, then the jeans will fit.”— Sarah Ahmed, Creative Director, DL1961 Premium Denim
- Chic up a sporty puffer vest by cinching the waist with a skinny belt.
- To stretch tight shoes, fill two freezer bags with water and place into each shoe. Let it freeze overnight. As the water freezes, it’ll gently expand your shoes.
- “Never put a garment on immediately after ironing, as this can actually cause new wrinkles to form. Instead, let it sit for five minutes to set the press.” — Althea Harper, Designer and Rowenta Brand Ambassador
- When shopping for a wedding dress or another big-event outfit? Head to the store with makeup on, proper undergarments, and your hair semi-done to get a better sense of how it’ll look.
I hope you enjoyed reading? Do have a nice time surfing our site, and please order anything you do like. Be fashion forward! Be free! Live, Learn, Express yourself.